Jabiru J160 Amateur-Built Kitplane
The Jabiru J160 aircraft has been developed as a trainer aircraft that is bigger all round. It has a wider cockpit higher cabin and more leg room.
Specifications – Click to enlarge
- Conventional configuration
- Designed to JAR –VLA European Airworthiness Standard
- High-winged, strut-braced monoplane with wing flaps, mass balanced elevator and in-flight adjustable trim.
- Cruise Speed @ 3050 rpm 100 knots
- Range (nil reserve) – 1030 nautical miles
- 4 stroke JABIRU 2200 cc engine designed specifically for the Jabiru aircraft.
- Gentle and predictable stall characteristics, together with light and responsive controls, make JABIRU a true sport aircraft.
- Stall speed with flaps at Gross Weight 45 KIAS
- Fully enclosed, ergonomically designed cabin with 2 doors providing ease of entry and low noise levels.
- Excellent visibility
- Side-by side fixed seating with centre controls and panel mounted throttles. Ideal for training or recreation.
- Tricycle undercarriage with steerable nosewheel and hand operated in line hydraulic disc brakes makes ground handling a breeze.
- Excellent cross wind handling performance – 14 knots
- All composite construction removes the corrosion problem.
- Wing and power loadings provide high performance and handling, particularly in turbulence.
- Comfortable seating with easily removed covers.
- Designed for minimum maintenance. Upper and lower cowls easily removed.
- Auxiliary electronic fuel pump for ease of starting and added security in flight.
- All the engine management features of conventional GA light aircraft: Carburettor Air Heat, Dual Ignition, Pressure Compensating Carburettor – no mixture control !
- Jabiru fixed pitch wooden propeller with composite cover and urethane leading edge
- Avionics include VHF Transceiver, PM1000 Intercom, optional headsets optional Transponder Altitude Encoder optional
- Instrument Panels see: Instrument Panels
- Tinted Windscreen
- Steerable Nose Wheel
- Electrically operated flaps
- Cast aluminium 500 x 6 wheels and 6 ply tyres with spats
- Optional fully upholstered cockpit
- Optional cabin Heater
- Optional choice of decals and registration numbers (from the standard range)
- 135 litre fuel tanks (wing tanks & header tanks)
- Optional adjustable foot pedals to cater for pilots who have difficulties reaching the pedals
- Optional tool kit