The Jabiru J160-D is a factory built certified aircraft.
The Jabiru J160-D aircraft has been developed as a new trainer aircraft that is bigger all round. It has a wider cockpit higher cabin and more leg room. Jabiru has an Australian Type Certificate in the primary category for the J160-C as well as a production certificate.
Specifications - Click to enlarge
- Conventional configuration
- Designed to JAR –VLA European Airworthiness Standard
- High-winged, strut-braced monoplane with wing flaps, mass balanced elevator and in-flight adjustable trim.
- Cruise Speed @ 75% power 100 knots
- Range (at max range speed) - 850 nautical miles
- Endurance (nil reserve) 8.5hrs
- 4 stroke JABIRU 2200 cc engine designed specifically for the Jabiru aircraft.
- Gentle and predictable stall characteristics, together with light and responsive controls, make JABIRU a true sport aircraft.
- Stall speed with full flaps at Gross Weight 45 KCAS
- Fully enclosed, ergonomically designed cabin with 2 doors providing ease of entry and low noise levels.
- Excellent visibility
- Side-by side fixed seating with centre controls and panel mounted throttles. Ideal for training or recreation.
- Tricycle undercarriage with steerable nosewheel and hand operated in line hydraulic disc brakes makes ground handling a breeze.
- Excellent cross wind handling performance – 14 knots
- All composite construction removes the corrosion problem.
- Wing and power loadings provide high performance and handling, particularly in turbulence.
- Comfortable seating with easily removed covers.
- Designed for minimum maintenance. Upper and lower cowls easily removed.
- Auxiliary electronic fuel pump for ease of starting and added security in flight.
- All the engine management features of conventional GA light aircraft: Carburettor Air Heat, Dual Ignition, Pressure Compensating Carburettor – no mixture control !
- Jabiru 2 blade composite scimitar propeller 60" x 38" or wooden fixed pitch propeller 60" x 42"
- Avionics include VHF Transceiver, PM1000 Intercom, Headsets, Optional Transponder Altitude Encoder
- 4 Options for instrument Panels see: Instrument Panels
- Tinted Windscreen
- Steerable Nose Wheel
- Electrically operated flaps
- Cast aluminium 500 x 6 wheels and 6 ply tyres with spats
- Fully upholstered cockpit
- Cabin Heater
- Choice of decals (from the standard range)
- 135 litre fuel tanks (wing tanks & header tanks)
- Adjustable foot pedals to cater for pilots who have difficulties reaching the pedals
- Tool Kit
Note: Prices listed are for the Australian Market only. All price enquiries for other countries please contact Jabiru Aircraft.
Jabiru reserves the right to change prices and specifications at any time without notice.
All specifications are quoted for a standard aeroplane with wheel spats and one standard occupant (unless stated).The product specifications and details are generally descriptive of the product shown and were correct at the time of printing. In accordance with our policy of continued product improvement, we reserve the right to vary the specifications and details at any time.